Fish & Nankivell has an outstanding track record of helping clients to address their C-suite talent requirements to achieve their business objectives. Fish & Nankivell's unique structure, discretion and Partner expertise has allowed us to support and advise on many high profile appointments. All of our Partners have had significant business careers prior to becoming a search consultant, and these skills and experiences add to the depth of knowledge and market insight into functional roles.
Board & Chair
Fish & Nankivell established Boardroom Search as an operating division of the firm in 1988 to advise on the appointment of chairs and non-executive directors for both the commercial and not-for-profit sectors. The growing recognition that recruiting progressive board members from a diverse range of backgrounds, and with the ability to contribute both expertise in functional areas and effectiveness in governance, requires objective and constructive counsel from experienced consultants.
- Patties Foods, Chair
- VicRoads, 4 independant members of the Risk, Audit and Governance Committee
- Principals Australia Institute, Chair
- GMHBA, Non-executive director
- Oroton Group, Chair
- Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan, Non-executive directors
- Diary Food Safety Victoria, Chair
- Clean Seas Tuna, Chair
Chief executive officers
Working in close collaboration with boards we dedicate a significant amount of time to analysing the challenges and opportunities that are unique to your organisation and the role. While determining the skills, knowledge and competencies required, we explore, and when appropriate challenge client assumptions, offering new perspectives, insight and potentially alternative solutions and recommendations.
As leadership continues to evolve, technical skills and strategic vision must be combined with cultural fit and a close connection to the emerging environment within which organisations operate.
- Royal Flying Doctor Service, National Chief Executive Officer
- Radio Rentals Group, Chief Executive Officer
- Desert Knowledge Australia, Chief Executive Officer
- Eric Insurance, Chief Executive Officer
- Geelong Grammar School, Principal
- Port Phillip Housing, Chief Executive Officer
- PLC Perth, Principal
- Patties Foods, Chief Executive Officer
- VicForests, Chief Excecutive Officer
- PrimeSafe Victoria, Chief Executive Officer
- Softel Systems Pty Ltd, Chief Executive Officer
Cfo and financial roles
Fish & Nankivell is a trusted advisor to management, supporting clients in the search for top finance talent. The role CFO’s and senior financial executives fulfil continues to evolve in today’s business environment. Technical accounting skills must be combined with strategy and leadership to drive success in an increasingly challenging world. We have Partners with previous experience in finance, and their deep understanding of these demanding roles will enable you to determine the right blend of skills and attributes required to recruit and retain the right executive.
- Melbourne City Mission, General Manager Corporate Services
- Firbank Grammar School, Chief Commercial Officer
- Sydney Desalination Plant, Chief Financial Officer
- Hydro Tasmania, Chief Financial Officer
- Myer Family Company, Chief Investment Officer
- Redbubble, Chief Financial Officer
- State Library of Victoria, Director of Finance & Business Strategy
- Beyondblue, Head of Corporate Services
Human resource strategy, talent management and development, cultural change and staff engagement are core to every organisation. Our Partners bring extensive experience and a deep insight to finding HR leadership. In today’s world it is a central role within the executive team. Fish & Nankivell has experience in generalist HR roles and specialist leaders.
- Bravura Solutions, Global Head of Human Resources
- United Energy, General Manager Human Resources
- Dulux Group, Executive General Manager Human Resources
- Guild Group, Head of People, Strategy and Productivity
- Gowrie Victoria, Head of People & Culture
marketing & sales
Customer engagement, brand awareness and the new age of digital has increased the demand for talent across sales and marketing. It is a dynamic and rapidly emerging market which is at the cutting edge of many businesses. The not for profit and for purpose sector has been particularly effected and the competition for funding and support has never been greater.
- Momentum Energy, General Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Anglicare Victoria, Director - Strategic Marketing & Fundraising,
- Vision Australia, General Manager Fundraising
- Bavaria Brewing, Country Head Australia New Zealand
- BlueNRG, General Manager Sales
- Centre for Eye Research Australia, Head of Business Development & Partnerships
STRATEGY & CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
Fish & Nankivell has long-standing relationships with many of the top ASX listed organisations and has helped them set up strategy / corporate development teams, particularly targeting investment bankers or strategy consultants who want to move into corporate roles. We have expert experience in this field and have worked for organisations across a number of sectors.
- Guild Insurance, Head of Strategy, Data Analytics and Risk Services
- Seek Employment, Strategy Director
- Toll Group, Strategy and M&A Team
- Swinburne University, Strategy Manager
- Haven; Home, Safe - Executive Director, Strategic Innovation
Fish & Nankivell is regularly approached by clients who are seeking executives for a broad range of specialist roles. From Head of Fashion to Festival Director, Director of Mission to Economist, Head of Research to Private Secretary to the Bishop. The common theme is each search is complex and challenging.
- Sydney Desalination Plant, Chief Operating Officer
- City of Melbourne, Manager City Design Studio
- Calvary Health Care, National Director of Mission
- Beyondblue, Mental Health Policy, Research & Evaluation Leader
- NSW Treasury, Industrial Relations Commissioners
- PFK Melbourne, Director Audit and Assurance
- Zinfra Group, General Manager Legal and Commercial
- Energy Safe Victoria, Executive Manager Infrastructure Safety
- AEMO, Chief Information Officer
- Department of Family & Community Services, CEO Aboriginal Housing